David A. Vaughan focuses his practice on investment management, primarily private funds. David Vaughan has been practicing in the private fund space for well over two decades, including serving for two years as the senior private fund policy adviser in the SEC’s Division of Investment Management, advising on all aspects of legal and regulatory policy related to private funds.
During that period, he played a leading role in advising on Title IV of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and the rules implementing those provisions, the Volcker Rule, and the European Union Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive, among other things.
Mr. Vaughan works with hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds and unregistered traditional funds. He represents managers with respect to fund formation, distribution and compliance issues, as well as enforcement matters.
He has also represented both insurance companies and fund sponsors with respect to privately placed and offshore variable insurance products. Mr. Vaughan is also a frequent speaker at industry conferences, including:
- European Hedge Fund Investment Forum
- The Alternative Investment Management Association (Hong Kong and Singapore)
- Investment Adviser Association Annual Compliance Conference
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Hedge Fund Roundtable
- Investment Company Institute Mutual Funds & Investment Management Conference
- NICSA’s 25th Anniversary Annual Conference & Expo
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1990, cum laude
- Bowling Green State University, B.A., 1987, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
Rate : $$$