David Gee is a seasoned health care attorney with nearly three decades of experience representing—on a nationwide basis—clinical and molecular diagnostic laboratories, pathology groups, hospitals physicians, and other providers.
He counsels health care clients on a wide range of matters, including compliance with fraud and abuse laws, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, HIPAA compliance and preparedness, CLIA certification and compliance, licensure, business operations and transactions, corporate governance, managed care contracting, patient rights, and quality assurance.
He regularly speaks and writes on legal and regulatory issues facing the clinical laboratory industry. With more than a decade working as an in-house attorney for the nation’s two largest clinical lab companies, and as an executive officer for a publicly-traded clinical laboratory in California, David brings both a legal and business perspective to his practice.
- Owner, Garvey Schubert Barer, Seattle, 1996-2013
- Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Unilab Corporation, Tarzana, Calif., 2000-2003
- Associate Counsel, Laboratory Corporation of America, Burlington, N.C., 1995-1998
- Associate Counsel, National Health Laboratories, La Jolla, Calif., 1991-1995
- Associate, Pillsbury Madison & Sutro, Los Angeles and San Diego, 1988-1991
- Judicial Clerk, Supreme Court of Utah, Associate Chief Justice I. Daniel Stewart, Salt Lake City, 1987-1988
Professional & Community Activities:
- Board of Directors, Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys, 2006-2016
- King County Bar Association, 1998-present
- American Health Lawyers Association, 1994-present
- American Bar Association, 1988-present
- Board of Directors, BYU Management Society, Puget Sound Chapter, 2006-2009
- Pro Bono General Counsel, Autism Spectrum Treatment and Research Center (ASTAR), 2003-2008
- Troop Committee, Boy Scout Troop 500, Sammamish Trails Council, 2000-2009
- J.D., Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, 1987, magna cum laude
- Articles Editor, Law Review
- B.A., Economics, Brigham Young University, 1984
- National Merit Scholar
Rate : $$$