David P. Webb, a shareholder in the Firm’s Jackson office, concentrates his practice in the area of tax and business law. Mr. Webb has experience in mergers and acquisitions involving public and private companies in banking, manufacturing, automotive, transportation, IT services and other industries, federal and state taxation, business transactions, corporate matters, estate planning, probate and state, local and federal tax controversy matters.
Mr. Webb’s experience in state and local tax matters includes representing various clients before the Board of Review and the Mississippi State Tax Commission in matters involving franchise, income, sales and use tax issues. Mr. Webb is a Mississippi Certified Public Accountant.
- University of Florida, LL.M. in Taxation, 1986
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 1985, magna cum laude
- University of Mississippi, B.A., 1982, magna cum laude
ADMISSIONS : Mississippi, 1985
- Represented an IT solutions provider in its purchase of a Wisconsin-based venture technologies company for $15 million in a combined private stock and cash transaction. The transaction involved refinancing with new senior debt and mezzanine financing (combined $23.9 million) with detachable warrants.
- Represented purchaser of Mississippi financial software company in $475M merger transaction.
- Represented Mississippi private manufacturing company in $380M sale to public company.
- Represented sellers of a medical device company in $40M sale transaction with a private equity group.
- Has represented large net worth individuals and families ranging from $5M to over $100M with income and estate planning matters.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Named the Best Lawyers’ 2017 Jackson-MS Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Named the Best Lawyers’ 2016 Jackson-MS Tax Litigation and Controversy “Lawyer of the Year”
- Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Member, Taxation Section)
- Member – Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Board Member – Madison, Mississippi, Zoning and Planning Commission
- Chairman, Board of Trustees and Staff Parish Relations Committee – St. Matthews Methodist Church
- Booster Club President – Ridgeland High School
- Member – Ridgeland Chamber of Commerce
Rate : $$$$