With more than four decades of experience in both litigating and trying cases, David W. Wicklund has extensive experience in business litigation, with a focus on antitrust, patent infringement, and other intellectual property cases.
Known for being deeply involved in his cases and being able to present complex issues in an understandable way, he represents corporate clients in various industries, including banking and financial institutions, health care, and technology.
- J.D., cum laude, The University of Toledo, 1974
- B.A., cum laude, Williams College, 1971
Bar and Court Admissions : Ohio, 1974
- Defended a manufacturer of health care products in a patent infringement case that resulted in the patent being invalidated and, after a trial to the court, in a rare finding that the plaintiff had engaged in inequitable conduct, rendering the patent unenforceable and resulted in an award of attorney fees to the client.
- Represented a hospital association in an action against the State of Ohio challenging the compensation being paid to hospitals for Workers’ Compensation claims that resulted in a multimillion dollar payment to hospitals.
- Defended a physician hospital organization in a state antitrust action brought by disgruntled physicians; after a two-week trial, the verdict found for the defendants.
- Represented a plaintiff forklift manufacturer in a patent infringement action against a competitor that, after a three-week jury trial, resulted in an award of several million dollars to the plaintiff.
- Successfully defended a health care technology company in numerous lawsuits brought by the top plaintiffs’ relating to the cost of copying medical records and whether the client’s access to such records violated patient confidentiality.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- University of Toledo College of Law, Dean’s Advisory Board
- American Bar Association Antitrust Section, Business Tort and Unfair Competition Committee, and Civil Practice and Procedure Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association Antitrust Section, Board of Governors (1994-2001)
- University of Toledo Law Alumni Association, President (1994-2000)
Rate : $$$