David M. Wirtz has represented employers exclusively for over 30 years, with an emphasis on : Litigation prevention / employment law counseling, Discrimination litigation, Class action defense – Fair Labor Standards Act, systemic discrimination, Employment and separation agreements, Human resources policies and handbooks.
David provides 24/7 service and pragmatic advice helping managers, human resources professionals and in-house employment counsel with decisions concerning hiring, firing, promotions, compensation, and leaves.
As a trial lawyer, David has successfully defended scores of individual, class and collective actions and achieved multiple defense verdicts in state and federal courts involving alleged discrimination, covenants, wage & hour violations, negligent hiring, negligent supervision, negligent retention, breach of contract, and negligent and intentional infliction of emotional distress. He has successfully defended his clients in hundreds of arbitration proceedings.
David is a skilled writer and speaker, and his articles on topics ranging from the history of restrictive covenants to retaliation claims have appeared in numerous legal publications.
He has also appeared regularly as an expert commentator on employment-related issues for local television and radio stations, and he frequently lectures to other employment attorneys and in-house counsel. Additionally, David has taught as an adjunct professor at Cardozo Law School since 1992 and as a guest lecturer at the Columbia Business School.
- J.D., Cornell University Law School, 1974
- B.A., Johns Hopkins University
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Committee on Professional Ethics, New York County Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$