David C. Wright’s practice focuses on corporate finance, public and private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate matters. His practice concentrates on Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), general business and commercial matters, securities offerings (representing both issuers and underwriters) and mergers and acquisitions, with a particular emphasis on real estate capital markets transactions. David is a frequent speaker at REIT industry conferences.
David is head of the Real Estate Capital Markets practice that has handled over 1,000 capital markets transactions for more than 200 public and private real estate companies, including more than 150 initial public offerings and Rule 144A equity transactions.
- Represents numerous real estate investment trusts and C corporations in initial public offerings, Rule 144A offerings, follow-on offerings of debt and equity securities and private financings.
- Represents leading regional, national and international investment banking firms in financing and other transactions for REITs, C corporations, partnerships and other entities.
- Extensive experience in representing companies and underwriters in the hospitality, mortgage and specialty finance industries.
- Advises management teams and boards of directors on corporate fiduciary matters, conflict of interest transactions and change of control transactions.
- Represents targets and acquirors in merger and acquisition transactions.
- Served as Vice President – Corporate Finance for a leading regional investment banking firm; structured and executed public equity offerings, private placements, venture capital financing and mergers and acquisitions.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 1981
- BA, University of Virginia, highest honors, 1978
- Associate Member, National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
Rate : $$$$