David Zaslowsky chairs the Litigation Department of the Baker McKenzie’s New York office, and practices in the area of general commercial litigation and arbitration. He is the editor of the Firm’s blockchain blog and co-editor of the Firm’s International Litigation & Arbitration Newsletter. David has a degree in computer science and has worked on numerous technical-related disputes.
He has also worked on many cases involving issues of international litigation, including matters related to the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act, enforcement of foreign arbitral awards, the Alien Tort Claims Act, forum non conveniens, obtaining discovery in aid of foreign proceedings under 28 U.S.C. Section 1782, and foreign attachments.
David has been included for a number of years in the Chambers USA Guide and Chambers Global Guide for his expertise in International Arbitration. David has appeared in various federal and state courts — trial and appellate — throughout the country.
He has also participated in arbitrations, both inside and outside the US, under the rules of various arbitral institutions. These include the American Arbitration Association, International Chamber of Commerce, Iran-United States Claims Tribunal, International Centre for Dispute Resolution and NASD, as well as ad hoc arbitrations.
David also serves as an arbitrator and is on the panel of international arbitrators of the International Centre for Dispute Resolution.
- Yale Law School (J.D.) (1984)
- Brooklyn College (B.S. Computer Science, summa cum laude) (1981)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit~United States (2011)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2000)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (1986)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey~United States (1986)
- New Jersey~United States (1985)
- New York~United States (1985)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York – Member, Arbitration Committee
- New York International Arbitration Center – Director
- American Bar Association – Litigation Section and International Section
- The International Arbitration Club of New York
Rate : $$$