Davidson G. Lucas focuses his practice on patent prosecution in the mechanical and medical device fields. Before joining the firm, Mr. Lucas worked as an associate in the Charlotte, North Carolina office of an east coast law firm where he prosecuted patent applications in a broad range of arts including electrical, software, mechanical, optics, geological, electro-mechanical, automotive, aerospace, medical devices, material science and power tools.
In addition, Mr. Lucas was previously a law clerk for a law firm in Stamford, Connecticut where he assisted the intellectual property practice group and completed work related to electrical, medical device, mechanical and electro-mechanical patents.
Prior to joining the legal profession, Mr. Lucas was a senior engineer at Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation in Stratford, Connecticut where he performed structural analysis for metallic and carbon composite aircraft parts for static strength and fatigue life on the CH-53K cargo helicopter for the U.S. Marine Corps under contract with the U.S. Navy. Mr. Lucas was also a graduate research assistant at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Quinnipiac University, J.D. (2011) magna cum laude, with an IP Concentration with honors
- Georgia Institute of Technology, M.S., Mechanical Engineering (2005)
- University of South Carolina, B.S., Mechanical Engineering (2002) cum laude, with honors
- Georgia (2018)
- North Carolina (2011)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2011)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina (2013)
Rate : $$$$