Davin L. Seamon concentrates his practice primarily in real estate transactions, mineral law, commercial transactions, business formation and governance, and intellectual property. Mr. Seamon works in many aspects of real estate law, including title insurance, mineral ownership and development, commercial real estate closings, and complex multi-tract transactions.
His experience runs the gamut from assisting single families in purchasing their first home to helping large developers acquire thousands of acres comprised of hundreds of individual parcels, and from helping local businesses sell their assets to assisting large publishing clients in acquiring additional mastheads and other assets.
Mr. Seamon is a professional pianist and keyboardist. He has played on numerous studio recordings and performs live with numerous local and national acts in various genres, including jazz, rock, soul and country.
- Provided title insurance and closing support services in a large timber sale affecting approximately 22,000 acres
- Managed and coordinated title examinations and numerous additional aspects of due diligence during representation of a mineral client in the large-scale acquisition of approximately 20,000 net acres of mineral interests
- Represented mid-sized oil and gas operator in administering its drilling programs, including performing title examinations, rendering title opinions, and curing title defects
- Assists both small and large clients with general business and intellectual property issues in the areas of copyright, trademark, e-commerce, and licensing, including local restaurateurs, national publishing conglomerates, best-selling authors, songwriters/recording artists, mobile software application developers, and reality TV personalities
- J.D. George Washington University
- B.S. West Virginia University
- Entertainment & Sports Section, American Bar Association
- Business & Commercial Transactions Section, American Bar Association
- Vice President, G.W. Entertainment & Sports Law Association
- Energy and Mineral Law Foundation (EMLF) – Technology Committee
- American Land Title Association (ALTA)
Rate : $$$$