Davis Coen is a Partner in the Firm’s New York office, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice. Davis represents private equity firms and portfolio companies in a wide range of domestic and international commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, public-to-private transactions and securitized and mezzanine financings. Before returning to New York in 2016, Davis spent two years in the Firm’s London office.
Davis’ recent transactions have included:
- Blackstone in connection with the acquisition of BioMed Realty and in various subsequent sales and financings
- Blackstone in its acquisition of GE Capital Real Estate assets in a transaction valued at approximately $23 billion
- BioMed Realty in connection with its sale of all of the life science and medical real estate assets of Wexford Science & Technology LLC to Ventas Inc. for $1.5 billion
- Blackstone in connection with its $1.125 billion acquisition of 64 senior living properties located in 19 states from HCP, Inc.
- Blackstone in its acquisition of seven office assets in California and Washington from Hines Real Estate Investment Trust for $1.162 billion
- Blackstone and its portfolio companies in the acquisition and financing of several portfolios of industrial properties, both in the U.S. and in Europe.
- Northwood in its acquisition of more than 7.1 million square feet of office and industrial properties located throughout the United Kingdom from certain funds managed by Highcross Strategic Advisors Limited for $992 million (£645 million)
- Blackstone in its $26 billion acquisition of Hilton Hotels
- Carlyle in multiple commercial real estate acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and financings.
Davis received his J.D., cum laude, from Cornell Law School in 2008, where he was Senior Notes Editor of the Cornell International Law Journal. He graduated from the University of Connecticut in 2002 with a B.A., magna cum laude, and was a University Scholar and a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- Cornell Law School, 2008 J.D.
- cum laude; Senior Notes Editor, Cornell International Law Journal
- University of Connecticut, 2002 B.A.
- magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa; University Scholar
Admissions : New York 2009
Rate : $$$