Dawnn Briddell is a member of the firm’s Trial Practice Group and concentrates her practice in the areas of public construction and Asbestos and Toxic Tort litigation. Ms. Briddell is an experienced trial litigator, serving as a former assistant district attorney for the Office of the DeKalb County District Attorney in Georgia, where she was assigned to the Interstate Child Support Enforcement Division.
She also served as an assistant solicitor-general with the DeKalb County Solicitor-General’s Office, where she was a senior trial attorney. She was later appointed a special assistant solicitor-general to serve as the first special domestic violence prosecutor handling high-risk offender cases.
Ms. Briddell currently represents corporate clients in asbestos-related litigation in Pennsylvania and New Jersey state court actions. She has assisted agency clients with compliance under the New Jersey Local Public Contracts Law and private clients with construction matters from contract preparation through litigation.
She has represented municipalities, county authorities and school districts as counsel and special counsel in connection with public contracts bid solicitation and compliance and local governance.
Ms. Briddell is currently serving the District IV Ethics Committee for Camden and Gloucester Counties as an investigatory member and hearing panel chair. She formerly served as a member of Committee between 2009 and 2014, where she represented the Committee as the Chair for the 2012-2014 Terms, Vice Chair for the 2011-2012 Term, and Investigator for the 2009-2011 Terms.
- Obtained summary judgment in an asbestos litigation case filed in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas. Plaintiff demanded $965,000 to settle all claims against the client.
- Represents automotive manufacturer in asbestos-related litigation in Pennsylvania state court
- Represented a county improvement authority in public contract solicitation and procurement in a $150,000,000 justice complex renovations and expansion project
- Successfully represented a county improvement authority on appeals from trial court decision affirming rejection of low bidders for failure to comply with owner-imposed mandatory bid specifications not statutorily required
Education : Rutgers School of Law – Camden, J.D., 1986
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey Supreme Court
- Board of Trustees Secretary, Camden County Bar Association, 2016 – present
- Board of Trustees Member, Camden County Bar Association, 2014-2016
- Georgia Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys, 1999-2005
- Chair, District IV Ethics Committee, Camden/Gloucester Counties, State of New Jersey 2012-2014 Terms
Rate : $$$