Dean D. Hunt focuses his practice on complex technical litigation and telecommunications and has substantial experience in state, federal and bankruptcy courts. Dean has acted as lead counsel for plaintiffs and defendants in high-profile cases, including numerous class action and multiparty litigations.
His litigation experience also includes lender liability, mass personal injury, First Amendment, securities, oil and gas, trademarks, and Fair Credit Reporting Act cases. Dean represents industrial clients, engineering firms and equipment fabricators.
Relying on his extensive engineering background, Dean has also acted as lead counsel for telecommunications industry leaders for network buildouts, zoning and land use, statutory and regulatory matters, and agency and franchise law issues.
Dean is a frequent lecturer on e-discovery and preserving the lawyer-client privilege in a wireless business environment.
- Served as lead counsel in obtaining summary judgment dismissing a nationwide class action lawsuit contesting the legality of evergreen renewal clauses in customer service agreements.
- Served as lead counsel for a major residential mortgage lender in obtaining the dismissal of a federal multiparty lender liability lawsuit.
- Served as trial counsel in a major victory in defense of an international chemical manufacturer in a case brought by 59 plaintiffs involving an explosion at the company’s Gulf Coast-area plant.
- Served as lead counsel in obtaining the dismissal of a purported nationwide class action lawsuit alleging misrepresentations related to consumer billing practices.
- Represented the wireless industry in constitutional challenges of taxes on cellular customers and provided testimony in various telecommunications legislative proceedings.
- Served as lead real estate counsel for wireless carriers and tower management companies in numerous wireless network buildouts involving hundreds of wireless transmission facilities in Texas and Louisiana.
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Corporate Counsel Section: Past Chair of the Governing Council
- Texas Accountants
- Lawyers for the Arts
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1990, cum laude, Order of the Coif, Phi Kappa Phi, Order of the Barons, Law Review
- B.S., University of Nevada, Reno, 1980, graduated first in class with High Distinction
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 1994
Rate : $$$$