Dean E. Parker is one of the firm’s senior practitioners in the fields of real estate, secured lending and commercial law. Over a career spanning more than a quarter of a century, he has represented a wide array of institutions, business corporations, entrepreneurial organizations and individuals, with particular emphasis in the real estate and banking sectors.
Mr. Parker’s broad expertise in real estate is relied upon extensively by clients in acquisitions and dispositions, development, leasing, financing, governmental entitlements and dispute resolution. Some of the more notable transactions he has spearheaded include :
- Entitlement of a world headquarters campus site for a Chicago area based manufacturer, including annexation, zoning and negotiation of incentives with applicable taxing districts.
- Acquisition and redevelopment of an upscale community shopping center in Wilmette, Illinois, one of Chicago’s North Shore suburbs, on behalf of the developer.
- Disposition of a multi-state portfolio of office, retail and industrial properties on behalf of an institutional owner.
- Financing of construction and redevelopment of numerous residential and commercial phases of Homan Square, the redevelopment of the original Sears Roebuck & Co. headquarters on the west side of Chicago, Illinois, on behalf of the lender.
- Financing construction of the 362-room Renaissance Suites O’Hare Hotel utilizing multiple debt facilities, on behalf of the lead bank serving as the construction lender.
Mr. Parker also has substantial involvement serving lenders and borrowers in commercial loan transactions of all types, including revolving credit and letter of credit facilities, secured and unsecured, term loans, participations, multi-bank credit facilities, asset-based loans and inter-creditor arrangements. The following is a representative sample :
- Financing of a national health services company through a secured revolving line of credit, including health care receivables, on behalf of the administrative agent for a multi-bank lending group.
- Financing of a health care products manufacturer, through long-term real estate financing, with an interest rate fixed by a rate swap transaction and through a secured revolving line of credit, on behalf of the lender.
- Financing of a software distributor, through a secured, formula-based revolving line of credit, and the right to purchase warrants, on behalf of an institutional asset-based lender.
- Financing construction and renovation of a community shopping center on behalf of the borrower.
Clients rely on Mr. Parker for assistance in a variety of disputes. He has extensive experience analyzing disputes and developing and supervising implementation of litigation strategies in construction-related matters, lease administration, bankruptcies and other real estate-related litigation.
Mr. Parker joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in June 1979. He is the Leader of one of the firm’s two Business Transactions Departments. In that capacity, he provides guidance for the group’s attorneys in a number of practice groups, including Commercial Transactions; Real Estate & Construction; Special Assets, Bankruptcy & Reorganization; and Estate Planning. He is a past regional director.
Professional Affiliations :
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Real Property Section
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
Rate : $$$