Dean represents lenders, creditors, and fiduciaries in bankruptcy, foreclosure commercial collection, and receivership matters. He is certified by the American Board of Certification in the field of Creditors’ Rights and by the Board of Specialization of the State Bar of California in the field of Bankruptcy.
He is the only San Diego lawyer to have achieved certification in both Creditor Rights and Bankruptcy. Dean has been appointed to serve as an examiner; a chapter 11 trustee; and as counsel for trustees, official creditor committees, and court appointed receivers in chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy cases.
Dean served as a member of the Insolvency Law Committee of the State Bar of California (Business Law Section) from 1999 to 2002 and is presently a member of the Commercial Transactions Committee. He also taught as an adjunct professor in Bankruptcy at Thomas Jefferson School of Law.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Commercial Law League of America
- Insolvency Law Committee of the State Bar of California
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- San Diego Bankruptcy Forum (Director Emeritus)
- United Trustees Association
- University of California Berkeley School of Law – Boalt Hall, J.D. – 1979
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.A., Political Science – 1976
Rate : $$$