Deane B. Brown is a Shareholder with Hughes Socol Piers Resnick Dym, Ltd. Ms. Brown has earned a highly regarded reputation for her legal work in the areas of employment law, commercial litigation and professional responsibility.
Ms. Brown represents executives in employment matters, including severance negotiations, employment discrimination issues, non-competition, non-solicitation, and trade secret disputes. She also represents businesses and individuals in contract and partnership disputes and business torts.
In the area of professional responsibility, Ms. Brown regularly represents attorneys before the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission and has been retained by attorneys and companies to prepare opinion letters on various ethics issues. Ms. Brown has served as the Chair of the Illinois State Bar Association’s Professional Conduct Committee.
In November 2012, Ms. Brown was recognized in Leading Lawyers Network Magazine-Women’s Edition as being among the Top Ten Women Lawyers in Illinois among all practice areas. Ms. Brown was also listed in the Top Ten Leading Women Business Lawyers and the Top Ten Leading Women Litigators. Ms. Brown was profiled in Leading Lawyers Network Magazine-Women’s Edition for 2009.
In November 2015, Ms. Brown was given the Top Women Lawyers In Leadership Award by the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois. This award is given to outstanding women lawyers serving in a leadership role, who have excelled within their chosen field and who have gone beyond traditional mentoring to create new pathways for other women.
In addition, in May 2012, Ms. Brown was named by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company as one of 15 women attorneys in the legal community making a unique impact on the profession. Ms. Brown served as President of the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois from 2011-2012.
- Boston University School of Law (J.D. 1990)
- University of Cambridge, England (M.Phil 1987)
- The Johns Hopkins University (B.A. 1986)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Illinois (1990)
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
MEMBERSHIPS / ASSOCIATIONS :
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Ex Officio, 2012-2013
- Co-Chair, WBAI Public Office CommitteePresident, 2011-2012
- Member, The Alliance of Bar Associations for Judicial Screening
- Professional Women’s Club of Chicago
- President, 2006-2007
- Advisory Committee Member, 2008-present
- United States Magistrate Merit Selection Panel and Merit Review Panel
- Appointed as Panel Member by Chief Judge of the United States District for the Northern District of Illinois, 2012-2013
- Illinois Bar Foundation
- First Vice President, 2018-2019
- Second Vice President, 2017-2018
- Board Member, 2013-present
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Labor & Employment Law Section Council, 2018-2019
- Member, Standing Committee on Women & The Law, 2018-2019
- Ex Officio, Bench & Bar Sectional Council, 2018-2019
- Chair, Bench & Bar Section Council, 2017-2018
- Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Committee to Prevent Attorney Malpractice, 2000-2007
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers
Rate : $$$