Debbie L. Caplan is an attorney in the Labor & Employment Department in the Los Angeles office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. A former employment litigator in both state and federal courts, Ms. Caplan now focuses her practice exclusively on providing advice and counseling to employers on day-to-day human resources and employee relations issues such as: Leave Law Management, Wage/Hour Compliance, Disciplinary and Performance Counseling, Reasonable Accommodation/Interactive Process, Termination Decisions, Internal Complaints and Investigations, and Exempt/Non-Exempt Classifications.
In addition to day-to-day counseling, Ms. Caplan assists employers in the preparation of various employment-related documents including: Handbooks and Policy Manuals, Job Applications, Offer Letters and Employment Agreements, Arbitration Agreements, Leave Documentation, New Hire and Termination Paperwork, Severance and Release Agreements, Compensation and Bonus Plans, and Travel and Expense Reimbursement Plans.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law (1997)
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley (1992)
- Phi Beta Kappa; Honors in General Scholarship
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- All California State Courts
Rate : $$$$