Debo O. Adesina advises private equity funds and their portfolio companies on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and restructurings, as well as corporate governance matters. He has counseled domestic and international clients in a number of industries including energy and infrastructure, consumer products, manufacturing, business services, technology, media and telecommunications, and healthcare.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Debo was a corporate lawyer for national law firms. From 2014 to 2016, he was a vice president in the financial advisory services group at Houlihan Lokey, a global investment bank, where he assisted private equity and corporate clients in strategic transactions. Debo also previously served as counsel to a startup energy and infrastructure investment fund.
Debo received his BS in Accounting and Finance in 2000 from Purdue University and his Juris Doctor from the University of Virginia School of Law in 2009. He is licensed to practice law in New York and Texas and is also a certified public accountant.
- Represented a private investment firm in its proposed acquisition of a West Coast-based leisure air-transport services company.
- Represented a private investment firm in its acquisition of a West Coast-based residential and commercial building restoration company.
- Represented a private equity fund in its add-on acquisition of a drug testing company.
- Representation of a publicly-traded business development company in its sale of a business process outsourcing provider that specializes in printing, fulfillment and call center services.
- Represented a portfolio company of a private equity fund in the acquisition of certain oil and gas assets in North Dakota.
- Represented a private equity fund in its investment in a newly-formed management team and the acquisition of certain oil and gas assets in Oklahoma.
- Represented a newly formed oil and gas company in connection with capital raising efforts with prospective private equity investors.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a US-based lens manufacturer with significant operations in Asia.
- Represented a private equity fund in its proposed acquisition of a chain of pain-management service providers.
- Represented a private equity fund in its portfolio company’s add-on acquisition of an alarm monitoring company.
- University of Virginia School of Law, JD, 2009
- Purdue University, BS, 2000
Admissions : New York, Texas
Rate : $$$$