Deborah Lively concentrates her practice on intellectual property, including trademark prosecution and counseling, licensing, software agreements, sweepstakes rules, and Internet policies.
A large part of her practice involves advising clients on trademark clearance, prosecution, enforcement, and TTAB proceedings. Her practice also includes assisting clients with social media issues, copyright applications and enforcement, publicity rights, location releases, and other intellectual property matters.
Ms. Lively represents clients in a wide variety of industries including oil and gas companies, restaurant services, consumer goods, credit unions, retail sales, software development, nonprofit organizations, and amusement park services.
For the past four years, Debbie has been ranked by the World Trademark Review 1000 as one of the top trademark attorneys in Texas, having been recognized by clients as a “lightning rod for praise” and recognized for her “tenacity for making sure that every single detail in a transaction is correct.” In 2018, clients commented that “[h]er meticulous attention to detail and judicious insight make for a potent combination in all aspects of prosecution and transactional matters.” She was also selected as a Texas Rising Star 2010-2011.
- Member, American Bar Association; Contributing Author, Intellectual Property Section Annual Review, 2010-2011
- Member, State Bar of Texas; Intellectual Property Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association; Council Member, Intellectual Property Section, 2010-2014
- Board of Directors, Duncanville Independent School District Education Foundation, 2016-2019; President, 2018; Vice President, 2017
- Board of Directors, The Arts Community Alliance (TACA)
- Dedman School of Law, Southern Methodist University, J.D., cum laude, 2002
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., Chemistry; B.S. Biology, 1984
- U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. Texas
Rate : $$$$