Deborah S. Thoren-Peden focuses her Chambers-ranked corporate practice on banking, electronic commerce, privacy, anti-money laundering and Office of Foreign Assets Control regulations.
Debbie co-leads Pillsbury’s FinTech, Payments & Blockchain team, its Consumer & Retail industry team, its Cybersecurity, Data Protection & Privacy team, and its Unclaimed Property Team.
She represents and advises bank and non-bank financial institutions (both domestic and international), money transmitters FinTech, retailers, and a variety of other types of companies. She is a recognized authority with respect to the Bank Secrecy Act and the Patriot Act.
- Past member and Co-Chair: ABA’s Compliance Executive Committee
- Past member and Chair: California Bankers Association’s Regulatory Compliance Committee, California State Bar’s Consumer Financial Services Committee
- Past West Coast Chair: ABA’s Bank Secrecy Act Staff Commentary
- Past member: ABA’s Privacy Task Force, California State Bar’s Financial Institutions Committee, ABA’s Retail Investment Committee, CBA’s State Government Relations Committee
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 1982
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1978
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$