Debra Bernstein is a trial lawyer with a national practice, working principally in the areas of complex commercial litigation with an emphasis on antitrust matters and class action defense. Debra has been retained by both corporate plaintiffs and corporate defendants to prosecute or defend large claims throughout the United States.
Debra has represented clients in antitrust-related counseling and commercial litigation matters in many fields, including the advertising, agriculture, automotive, banking, chemical, computer, education, food additives, insurance, manufacturing, publishing, pharmaceutical, health care, retail, shipping, textile and telecommunications industries.
She also routinely counsels corporate clients on a variety of antitrust issues related to pricing, mergers, joint ventures, trade organizations, standards setting bodies, patent pools, distribution, franchising, licensing and antitrust compliance.
Debra received her J.D., cum laude, in 1998 from the University of Georgia School of Law and her B.A., magna cum laude, in 1995 from the University of Pennsylvania, with a major in American history.
Debra has contributed chapters to the Georgia Appellate Practice Handbook and she has spoken at conferences on antitrust topics, such as the intersection of intellectual property and antitrust law. Additionally, she has been recognized for her antitrust experience by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
- University of Georgia (J.D., 1998)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., 1995)
Bar Admissions : Georgia
- Before joining Alston & Bird, Debra was a law clerk for The Honorable Orinda D. Evans, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- She is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
- Georgia Bar Association, Antitrust Section
Rate : $$$