A recognized authority on workforce matters with more than two decades of experience, Debra M. Leder provides employers with human resources consultation, corporate due diligence assistance, review and drafting of employment-related agreements and contracts, employee handbooks and policies.
Serving a broad client base of various sized companies, Debra navigates all facets of administrative agency investigations and audits, litigation, arbitration or other alternative dispute resolution processes, evidentiary hearings, trial and appeal, including claims relating to harassment, discrimination and retaliation, overtime pay or other alleged unpaid wages, family and medical leave, trade secret litigation, and non-compete and other restrictive covenant disputes.
Debra was one of the first class of practitioners designated Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Labor and Employment Law. Debra continues to pioneer clients through practical yet creative and effective solutions to day-to-day workplace concerns.
Notable Work :
- Healthcare Companies: Represented several clients with regard to employment issues particular to the healthcare field, including in the area of home healthcare, in response to recent legal and regulatory changes, as well as in defense of a variety of workplace disputes.
- Retail and Service Companies: Represented several clients in the retail and service industry, including in defense of wage/hour claims, whistleblower and worker compensation retaliation claims, and harassment/discrimination litigation.
- Engineering Company: Represented the client in theft of trade secrets claim against former employee.
- Recruiting Company: Represented the client in connection with non-compete / non-solicitation claims.
- Fast Food Franchisees: Represented multiple clients in defense of several different overtime compensation actions.
- Floral Distributor: Represented the client against former employee alleging violation of whistleblower act.
- Private Member Community: Represented the client in defense of workers compensation retaliation action.
- Public and Private Sector Employers: Represented the clients through jury trial in defense of several different harassment/discrimination actions.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1993, cum laude
- B.A., University of Delaware, 1990, cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Member
- Human Resources Association of Broward County (HRABC), Member
Rate : $$$$