Debra began her legal career representing a national franchisor in 1991. Almost 25 years later, Debra continues to concentrate her practice on brand expansion through franchising, dealerships and distributorships, and, trademark and brand protections.
Her clients operate in a wide range of industries, including food & beverage, manufacturing, recycling, construction, marketing, personal services and transportation industries. Since 2009, Debra has been recognized as a “Legal Eagle” in the Jacksonville community in the practice areas of franchising and business law.
- Her experience in franchising is comprehensive. She represents clients in FDD & document preparation, state registrations, dealership arrangements, co-branding, franchise compliance, real estate negotiations, acquisitions, vendor agreements, franchise advertising compliance, and franchise litigation monitoring.
- Debra represents clients in trade protection matters including trademark registration, non-competition agreements, NDAs, trade secret protection, unfair competition law and proprietary product protection.
- She routinely assists start up franchise companies develop franchise systems.
- Debra routinely assists developed franchise companies with franchisee compliance, annual registrations and trade protection.
- Debra acts as General Counsel for small to midsize clients.
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee Member – Florida Bar
- Membership Committee Member by the ABA Forum on Franchising
- Former Editorial Board Member, Florida Bar Journal – Florida Bar
- Former Chair of the Jacksonville Bar Franchise Committee
- Recognized in Who’s Who in American Law, Who’s Who in America and Who’s Who of American Women
- Recognized as a “Legal Eagle” in Franchising and Business Law- Jacksonville Magazine 904
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 1991
- Kent State University, M.A., 1986
- Kent State University, B.A., 1983
Rate : $$$