Dee Bansal’s practice focuses on antitrust and trade regulation issues, including antitrust litigation, the defense of corporate clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, Hart-Scott-Rodino Act filings, foreign notification filings and approvals, and antitrust counseling.
Representative matters include:
- Defeated preliminary injunction and obtained dismissal of the complaint for Airline Tariff Publishing Co. (ATPCO) in an antitrust suit alleging that ATPCO and co-defendant airlines colluded to fix airfares on multicity flights
- Successfully defended Patheon in action brought by Procaps seeking $380 million for alleged violations of Section 1 of the Sherman Act and numerous state law claims (summary judgment entered in defendant’s favor on all claims, affirmed by the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals)
- Represented Sony Corporation and subsidiaries in multidistrict litigation regarding alleged pricefixing of lithium ion batteries
- Successfully briefed and argued the case of Gay v. Chandra in the Seventh Circuit, obtaining a reversal in a case of first impression
Prior to joining Cooley, she was an associate in the Washington, DC office of Winston and Strawn, LLP, where she focused her practice on litigation and antitrust matters. Before entering law school, Dee was a legal assistant in the Washington, DC office of Covington and Burling, LLP.
While attending the University of Virginia, she was a member of the Family Law Mediation Clinic and interned in the Chambers of the Honorable Judge John D. Bates of the United States District Court, District of Columbia.
- University of Virginia School of Law, JD, 2010
- Carleton College, BA, 2005, magna cum laude
Rate : $$$