An accomplished bankruptcy attorney, Deirdre B. Ruckman has substantial experience representing debtors and creditors in complex reorganizations and in sales of distressed assets in bankruptcy, especially in the energy, health care and hospitality sectors.
She has a regional and national practice, handling matters involving restructurings of both private and public debt. Dee is a Fellow of the prestigious American College of Bankruptcy, is also active in the energy, health care and hospitality industries.
Chambers USA describes Dee as “a “very thorough and creative lawyer” with “extensive bankruptcy litigation experience.”
Regardless of the industry, clients are increasingly turning to Dee when seeking a chapter 11 attorney to handle the sophisticated disposition of distressed assets involved in bankruptcy.
Dee has represented borrowers and financial institutions with structured financing/asset securitizations.Her lender-related work includes such matters as loan transactions, equipment leasing, factoring transactions and structured finance transactions.
Dee’s clients appreciate her creative approach to problem solving, where she often regards complicated deals as a chess board.
During her 40 years with the firm, Dee chaired the Financial Restructuring Practice for 10 years and has held numerous leadership positions.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, (1975)
- B.S., Chestnut Hill College, (1970)
- Texas (1975)
- Texas State Courts (1975)
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Affiliations :
- Fellow, American College of Bankruptcy
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Fellow, Texas Bar Association
- Delegate, Fifth Circuit Judicial Conference
- Master, American Inns of Court
- Member, American Bar Association
- Life Patron Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
Rate : $$$