Denise Gunter has more than two decades of experience representing clients in a variety of antitrust matters. She represents clients in civil and criminal antitrust litigation and government investigations and advises clients on pricing, distribution, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and Hart-Scott-Rodino premerger notification filings.
Though Denise’s antitrust experience covers a variety of industries, she has a particular focus on healthcare antitrust matters and regularly advises healthcare providers on antitrust issues affecting their operations.
Denise is the author of a chapter of the American Bar Association’s Messenger Model Handbook, focused on the so-called “messenger model” utilized by healthcare provider networks to avoid antitrust prohibitions.
In addition to her antitrust experience, Denise has broad-based litigation experience including certificate of need litigation, business disputes, and medical staff litigation. Denise also serves as the managing partner of Nelson Mullins’ Winston-Salem office.
- George Washington School of Law, JD (1989)
- Northwestern University, BA (1986)
Admissions : North Carolina
- Counsels clients on a range of antitrust issues, including pricing, distribution, mergers, and acquisitions
- Defends clients in government antitrust investigations, including criminal antitrust investigations
- Prepares Hart-Scott-Rodino premerger notification filings
- Advises clients on North Carolina certificate of need matters
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association (Antitrust Section, Health Law Section, Litigation Section)
Rate : $$$