Denise M. Maher represents and counsels management in all areas of employment law. Her practice focuses on defending management in litigation in a wide range of matters including wrongful discharge, employment discrimination, whistleblowing, defamation, trade libel and breach of contract claims in federal court, state court, and before administrative agencies.
She also advises clients on issues of legal compliance in personnel decisions. Her practice includes matters arising out of :
- New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (LAD)
- New Jersey’s Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII)
Prior to joining Littler, Denise gained management-side employment litigation and counseling experience in a national law firm’s Atlantic City office and clerked for the Hon. William E. Nugent, J.A.D., in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division.
During law school, Denise interned for the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office and worked as a summer law clerk for the Hon. M. Faith Angell, U.S.D.C., in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Denise served as an Executive Editor of the Rutgers Journal of Law & Public Policy.
- J.D., Rutgers School of Law, 2009
- B.A., La Salle University, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, Camden County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$