Dennis P. Duffy concentrates exclusively on representation of management in all aspects of labor and employment law matters. Client responsiveness and thorough preparation are the hallmarks of his practice, as Dennis ensures that he is available to his clients, responding quickly with a thorough approach to addressing their workplace challenges.
Dennis is board-certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a fellow in the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, and ranked in Chambers USA as a “Leading Lawyer.”
- Obtained summary judgement in state court in a workers compensation retaliation case against a leading engineering and construction company.
- Obtained summary judgement in federal court in disability, hostile work environment and retaliation case against a major multinational energy corporation.
- Defeated conditional certification of a company-wide Fair Labor Standards Act putative collective action against an energy services company, and obtained summary judgment in favor of the company on plaintiff’s individual claims.
- Obtained defense judgement in state court trial of breach of contract and fraud case by former executive against a leading power transmission, construction and services company.
- Defeated conditional certification of a company-wide Fair Labor Standards Act putative collective action against a leading energy products and services company.
- Obtained summary judgment in AAA arbitration in a race and gender harassment, discrimination and retaliation case against a leading financial services company.
- Obtained a unanimous jury verdict in state court for a major restaurant chain in an age discrimination hiring case.
- College of Labor and Employment Lawyers: Fellow
- National Employment Law Institute
- Law360 Employment Editorial Advisory Board (2018)
Community : Children at Risk: Advisory Board
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1982
- A.B., Princeton University, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Rate : $$$$