Dennis Connolly’s primary practice is the representation of debtors and creditors’ committees in large Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases. He has been involved in national cases in a number of different industries, including manufacturing, transportation, finance, defense contracting, and space and technology.
He has appeared in Alabama, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, and West Virginia courts.
Dennis has represented parties in interest in major Chapter 11 cases, including Delta Air Lines, Refco Inc., Enron Corp., Zale Corporation, Einstein Noah Restaurant Group Inc., AmeriServe, and Winn-Dixie.
He is a Fellow and a director of the American College of Bankruptcy and a director of the Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute. He has been selected as a leading practitioner by Chambers USA and listed in Super Lawyers magazine, where he was named to the “Top 100: 2014–2016 Georgia Super Lawyers Top List.”
He was also named Lawyer of the Year in Litigation – Bankruptcy (Atlanta) for 2018 and Lawyer of the Year in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law for 2014 (Atlanta) by The Best Lawyers in America©.
He has been actively involved in the bank crisis, representing bank holding companies and their directors and officers in litigation with bankruptcy trustees. He has represented purchasers of assets in nationwide cases.
- University of South Carolina (J.D., 1986)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1982)
- New York
- American College of Bankruptcy, fellow and director
- Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute, past chair; current director
- ABI/Tulane (Emory) University School of Law Bankruptcy Litigation Skills Program, former advisory board
- Atlanta Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section, past chair of board of directors
Rate : $$$