Dennis McClelland is a Board Certified Labor and Employment Lawyer who has practiced exclusively in the area of labor and employment for over 21 years. He represents employers in civil court litigation, arbitrations, and administrative proceedings regarding claims involving wage and hour, employment discrimination, family and medical leave, union-management relations, employee benefits, and various employment-related torts.
In particular, Mr. McClelland has extensive experience representing companies in FLSA collective actions, mass individual and multi-plaintiff FLSA actions following decertification, and Department of Labor investigations. He also provides strategic consulting to companies regarding complex wage and hour law compliance matters.
Mr. McClelland also regularly represents employers in prosecuting and defending cases involving alleged breaches of non-competition agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets claims, and employment or business-related tort claims.
He routinely counsels employers regarding compliance with various applicable federal, state, and local labor and employment laws, including the preparation and/or review of employment contracts, severance agreements, and employment handbooks and policies.
He represents a broad range of employers in the financial services, retail, hospitality, health care, transportation, construction, engineering, and manufacturing industries.
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, J.D., with high honors, 1996; Board Member, Florida Law Review; Order of the Coif
- Florida State University, B.S., summa cum laude, in Political Science, 1993; Honors & Scholars Program
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- American Bar Association, Section of Labor and Employment Law; FLSA Subcommittee, Federal Labor Standards Legislation Committee of the Labor and Employment Law Section (Co-Chair, 2014-2016; Co-Chair of FLSA Subcommittee, 2009-2012)
- Wage and Hour Defense Institute – Litigation Counsel of America (2009-present)
- Academy of Florida Management Attorneys (Co-Chair of Wage and Hour Law Committee)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Board of Directors, 2003-2004; Young Lawyers Division, President, 2003-2004)
Rate : $$$