Dennis W. Mensi serves as a partner in the Real Estate and Land Use practice in the McGuireWoods New York office. Dennis focuses his practice on real estate transactions and related areas including representing commercial banks, investment banks, insurance companies, funds, regional and local banks and other financial institutions in a variety of loan transactions—including permanent, bridge and construction loans, mezzanine financings, credit facilities and split loan structures—secured by all asset classes including retail, office, office, hotel, industrial, multifamily and mixed use.
Dennis has extensive experience in the areas of low income housing and represents lenders in the origination and sale of multifamily mortgage loans to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Dennis also has experience in handling an array of commercial and residential real estate transactions including the acquisition of and disposition of real property.
- Represented an investment bank in connection with the origination of a $30 million mortgage loan secured by several retail and office commercial condominium units.
- Represented an investment bank in connection with the origination of a $85 million mortgage loan for CMBS execution evidenced by multiple notes.
- Represented a foreign bank in connection with its acquisition of a senior note of a $100 million construction loan secured by a hotel property.
- Represented a Fannie Mae DUS lender in connection with the origination of a $194 million leasehold mortgage loan.
- Represented an investment bank in connection with the origination of a senior mortgage loan in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of hotel loans involving a mezzanine loan and related negation of the intercreditor agreement.
- St. John’s University School of Law, JD, 1998
- Fordham University, BA, 1995
Admissions : New York
- Freddie Mac Multifamily Legal Advisory Council
- CRE Finance Council
- Mortgage Bankers Association of New York
Rate : $$$$