Dennis G. Rolstad advises and defends insurance companies, fiduciaries, self-insured employers, and their vendors and consultants, in healthcare, ERISA and insurance litigation. This includes matters involving bad faith and coverage litigation, provider claims, welfare and pension benefits, fiduciary duties, and construction coverage and defects.
He particularly represents and counsels payors and other insurers in all aspects of healthcare, life, accident, and disability matters, including claims involving health plan liability, healthcare service contracts, and health plan network disputes, and mental illness claims.
Mr. Rolstad handles cases in state and federal trial and appellate courts throughout the United States including jury trials and all aspects of litigation, arbitration, and appellate proceedings.
He also litigates class actions and other complex litigation, business suits, and various media and intellectual property matters. In addition to his litigation work, Mr. Rolstad is a proponent of alternative dispute resolution and creatively resolves matters of all sizes.
Before joining Hinshaw, Mr. Rolstad practiced for fifteen years at the headquarters of an international firm in San Francisco. While in law school, he was an extern for the Honorable William J. Rea of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
Professional Affiliations :
- Defense Research Institute, Member, 2002–Present
- California State Bar Association, Member, 1990–Present
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Member, 1996–Present
- Federal Bar Association, Member, 1998–Present
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 1990
- B.A., Stanford University, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Rate : $$$