With more than 30 years of experience, Dennis W. Russo focuses his practice on sophisticated joint ventures, real estate financings and the representation of owners and developers in connection with the acquisition of all types of real estate assets, as well as large-scale developments throughout the United States.
Dennis particularly focuses in the area of joint ventures where he represents family offices, funds and others providing equity, as well as owner/developers. Dennis has conducted many seminars focusing on the structure, issues and market terms of joint ventures, including those that educate in house and other attorneys.
To a great extent, Dennis is a de-facto partner with his clients, using his hands-on experience and extensive industry network to introduce clients to transactions as well as other parties in the industry for collaboration.
Dennis is unique in the legal industry, as he has personally developed, owned and managed a number of real estate projects and, as such, brings a sharpened perspective to his current practice that enables him to approach transactions not only from a legal mindset, but from a practical business standpoint as well.
- Represented a private equity fund in a joint venture in which the fund invested with one of the largest real estate developers in the nation providing approximately 300MM to develop a major condominium and retail development.
- Represented a shopping center owner/developer with respect to a joint venture concerning five distressed shopping centers located in various states, which also included the restructuring and re-tenanting of the centers.
- Represented a client in a $250 million warehouse line involving approximately 65 assets around the United States.
- Structured and closed a half-a-billion-dollar line of credit for a private banking client made to the owner of a major sports team, utilizing collateral that included securities, art assets, partnership interests and trust assets.
- Involved in the acquisition of sites and the construction of several major hotels in New York City.
- Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)
- New York State Bar Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1986, Law Review
- B.A., Government; minor in Finance, St. John’s University, 1983, magna cum laude; earned degree in 3 years
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$$