Dennis Diaz is a health care regulatory and transactional lawyer. For more than 25 years, he has represented a wide range of health care providers, including multi-hospital systems, community hospitals, physician-hospital organizations, accountable care organizations, ambulatory surgery centers, and medical groups, in California and nationally.
Dennis focuses his practice on regulatory and compliance matters, fraud and abuse, provider transactions including hospital-physician alignment and joint ventures, provider operations, and billing and payment issues. He regularly advises and defends providers against government enforcement actions and leads large-scale internal investigations for providers.
He also has served as lead counsel in structuring hospital-physician integrated delivery organizations, including accountable care organizations, medical foundations, and ambulatory surgery centers. Dennis also acts as outside general counsel to hospitals and medical groups.
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Health Law, University of Southern California Gould School of Law
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Health Law, Loyola University School of Law
- Lecturer, Health Care Law for Managers and Entrepreneurs, University of California, Irvine – Executive MBA Program
- Partner, Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP
- Staff Counsel, Office of General Counsel, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C.
Professional & Community Activities:
- American Health Lawyers Association
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, with honors
Rate : $$$