Denson N. Franklin III’s primary areas of practice include corporate, mergers and acquisitions, finance transaction and federal and state securities matters. He represents a variety of clients ranging from established companies with global operations to early stage businesses.
D. advises companies on a broad range of issues affecting their business, including clients in the information services, manufacturing, distribution and service, construction and engineering, construction materials, transportation and technology industries.
He regularly counsels companies and their boards with respect to corporate governance and compliance issues. He has assisted a number of clients in private and public offerings of debt and equity securities, including initial public offerings.
D. counsels a number of family-owned businesses with ownership that spans multiple generations. He has significant experience advising on issues that are particular to family-owned businesses, such as ownership and control transfers within the family, estate planning and compensation of family and non-family executives. D. teams with the firm’s trusts and estates lawyers on many of these engagements.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1988
- Birmingham-Southern College, B.A., 1985, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Professional & Community Activities:
- Rotary Club of Birmingham, Member
- Birmingham-Southern College, Board of Trustees, Vice Chair
- Boy Scouts of America, Greater Alabama Council, Corporate Campaign Chair, 2016 .
- United Way of Central Alabama, Tocqueville Society
Rate : $$$$