Mr. Derek Crownover is the Practice Leader for Dickinson Wright’s Entertainment Law practice, counseling various entertainment and media executives and company owners. He represents some of the hottest songwriters, publishers and producers in the country as well as some the most active entrepreneurs in the entertainment and IP sectors in the South.
He works with each client as a “primary care physician” of sorts assisting with LLC funding deals, real estate sales, asset purchase agreements, recording agreements, audits, employment agreements as well as tax and wills and trusts matters.
He is “go-to” counsel for mid-sized publishing companies, indy record labels, songwriters and artists who own their copyrights, and mid-sized worldwide publishing administration companies, advising each on licensing, lawsuits, and liability issues daily. His music clients have sold over 450 million records.
- Auburn University, B.A., 1990
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., 1994
- New York
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Country Music Association, Voting Member (1996-present)
- Copyright Society of the South, Member
Rate : $$$