Derek Green is an energy and litigation attorney who represents and counsels clients on a variety of commercial matters. Derek routinely works with clients in the renewable energy, manufacturing, and financial sectors, and has represented both private and public clients. He has litigated more than a dozen cases to verdict, judgment, or award and frequently handles appeals in both the Oregon and federal appellate courts.
Derek also has broad experience in media litigation, and has represented media interests from the trial courts to the U.S. Supreme Court. A former fellow with the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, Derek has published and presented on a range of media topics, including freedom of speech, access to information, and anti-SLAPP laws.
Before joining Davis Wright Tremaine, Derek clerked for the Hon. Robert Beezer with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
- McCormick Legal Fellow, Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
- Law Clerk, Hon. Robert Beezer, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- Law Intern, Hon. Ancer Haggerty, U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
Professional & Community Activities:
- Program Manager, Oregon Appellate Pro Bono Program, 2010-present
- Executive Committee, Oregon State Bar Appellate Section, 2014-present
- Member, Mercy Corps Northwest Loan Committee, 2014-present
- Special Deputy District Attorney, Multnomah County, 2013
- Classroom Law Project, 2009-2010
- St. Andrew Legal Clinic’s Race for Justice Committee
- B.A., Philosophy, Politics, Economics, Pomona College, 1998, cum laude
- Politica Award thesis honors
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2004, with high honors
- Executive Notes & Comments Editor, Washington Law Review
Rate : $$$$