Derek Larsen-Chaney practices in the areas of business and finance with a focus on real estate transactions, commercial lending, estate planning and probate law. He has also assisted many clients with the creation of business governance documents and works frequently with local, national, and international banks and non-traditional lenders to complete complex commercial lending transactions.
Mr. Larsen-Chaney has assisted clients in preparing for and restructuring in the wake of mergers, acquisitions and the acceptance of venture capital and private equity investors. Mr. Larsen-Chaney has also provided guidance to startup companies in secured financing, private placement fundraising, and Securities and Exchange Commission reporting obligations.
Prior to joining Phelps Dunbar, Mr. Larsen-Chaney held an internship with the Office of the General Counsel for the Florida Department of State. Before entering the legal realm, Mr. Larsen-Chaney worked as a closing specialist for a Tampa-area title company and focused on drafting contracts and shepherding real estate transactions.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2012; Senior Associate, Stetson Law Review;Recipient, Presidential Merit Scholarship
- Florida State University, B.A. in History & Communications, cum laude, 1996
- The Florida Bar – Young Lawyers Division
- Hillsborough County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division (Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section)
- American Bar Association
- Attorneys’ Title Fund Services LLC
- Assisted client in the successful acquisition of dozens of assisted living facilities.
- Helped clients obtain planning and zoning approval from various government entities for construction, advertising, and other special uses.
- Assisted client in preparation of private placement memorandum as part of capital fundraising effort.
- Represented several lenders in commercial and residential foreclosure proceedings.
Rate : $$$