Derek Sewall is an Associate at Fragomen’s New York office, where he represents clients before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), U.S. Department of State (DOS) and U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) in connection with immigration applications and petitions for employers and individuals.
He has extensive experience with all types of employment-based nonimmigrant and immigrant visas, as well as naturalization and family-based immigration. Derek has assisted clients in various industries, including information technology, financial services, manufacturing, engineering, education, pharmaceutical and healthcare.
Prior to joining Fragomen, Derek was a Senior Attorney with a prominent boutique immigration law firm in Maryland, where he advised clients on nonimmigrant and immigrant visas, managed a team of paralegals and assisted in editing the firm’s weekly electronic newsletter.
Derek speaks English and Spanish.
- Prepared and filed more than 1,000 PERM Labor Certification Applications with the DOL.
- Responded successfully to Requests for Evidence from the USCIS.
- Filed motions to reopen cases and appealed immigration decisions for complex legal cases.
- Represented clients with complex visa issues before the U.S. Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.
- Represented high-tech businesses ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies in Silicon Valley.
- University of Miami School of Law | J.D., 1998
- Brown University | B.A., 1993
Bar Admissions: Maryland
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$