Derrick D. Rowe is a registered patent attorney in the Washington, D.C., office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where his practice focuses on patent prosecution and counseling designed to help clients protect their intellectual property rights both domestically and internationally in the life sciences, biotechnology, molecular biology, pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and medical device fields.
He regularly works with clients to conduct patentability and freedom-to-operate analyses. Prior to joining the firm, Derrick was a legal intern in the global patents department of GlaxoSmithKline.
As a graduate student in the Department of Molecular Pharmacology & Physiology at the University of South Florida, Derrick’s research focused on developing alternative therapies for the treatment of ischemic stroke.
Derrick is the author or co-author of eight peer-reviewed scientific articles and several published legal articles.
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2014
- Ph.D., Medical Sciences, University of South Florida, 2011
- M.S., Medical Sciences, University of South Florida, 2008
- B.S., Chemistry, University of Florida, 2007
- Bar of the District of Columbia
- State Bar of Virginia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$