Deva A. Solomon is a Member of the firm of Steptoe & Johnson in the Denver office where he maintains a diverse litigation and counseling practice. Deva is the Practice Group Leader for the firm’s Professional Liability Group, which assists professional liability clients on a national scale. He is known for his ability to craft creative, out of the box solutions to client problems.
Deva uses his skills to help manage clients’ stress and worry by partnering with them to quickly evaluate the situation and develop the appropriate course of action to solve today’s problem, while understanding the implications actions of today may have on the future of the client’s business.
If litigation is necessary, Deva uses his creative approach to defend clients at trial, manage litigation and discovery, and negotiate. Having been located in multiple shale plays, Deva has a variety of experience protecting the interests of energy companies in litigation involving contract, tort, and operational issues.
He also focuses on the defense of claims involving significant injury and death. He has extensive experience defending physicians, nursing homes, nurses, and hospitals, and he has also defended attorneys in legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty claims. He regularly manages e-discovery matters and other document intensive cases.
As the Professional Liability Practice Group Leader, head of the firm’s Litigation and Labor Associate Training Committee, and member of the Paralegal Committee, Deva strives to train younger professionals on the importance of client service. When he is not at the office, he loves to ski, hike, run, bike, and enjoy the outdoors with his family. He is a frequent visitor to the mountains of Colorado and Utah.
- PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY:
- Represented numerous physicians in medical malpractice actions in multiple states
- Represented hospitals and physicians in medical malpractice litigation and at trial
- Successfully obtained enforcement of arbitration agreements between long term care facilities and patients
- Represented physician in dispute over control of partnership and allegations of mismanagement
- Defended trustees and other fiduciaries in claims relating to estate and trust administration
- ENERGY LITIGATION:
- Successfully defended operators in lawsuits alleging improper deduction of post-production expenses
- Prosecuted, defended, and resolved multiple declaratory judgment, quiet title, contract and other damages actions arising out of title disputes, oil and gas contracts, and oil and gas operations
- Represented company in wrongful death litigation involving workplace accident in coal mine
- GENERAL/COMMERCIAL LITIGATION:
- Defended government agencies and municipalities in governmental liability claims, including civil rights, employment, and personal injury claims
- Litigated many document intensive cases involving complex document production issues, and cases with e-discovery issues
- Significant litigation and negotiation experience in a wide variety of tort claims representing both individual and corporate defendants
- J.D. West Virginia University
- B.A. West Virginia University
- Colorado Bar Association, Ethics Committee
- Sponsorship Chair for 2017 Defense Research Institute Civil Rights and Governmental Tort Liability Seminar
- Defense Research Institute, 2010 Long Term Care Litigation Seminar, Steering Committee Member, and Marketing Liaison for Pennsylvania and West Virginia
- West Virginia Law Review Executive Committee
- United States District Courts for the District of Colorado, the Northern District of West Virginia, and the Southern District of West Virginia
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, Health Care Committee
- Leadership West Virginia Class of 2014
Rate : $$$$