Devin Scott Anderson is a litigation partner in the Washington D.C. office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. His practice focuses on trial and appellate litigation, and he has briefed and argued cases in trial and appellate courts across the country on a wide array of issues. Devin also has experience advising industry-disrupting companies on fast-moving regulatory compliance issues.
Before joining Kirkland, Devin served as a law clerk to Judge Sandra S. Ikuta of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and Judge G. Murray Snow of the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona.
He also worked on the Senate Judiciary Committee and at the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Division’s Appellate Staff.
- Class action counsel for United Technologies and its subsidiaries in cases around the country. Achieved dismissal of many cases at the pleading stage.
- Anshen v. Facebook, Inc. Counsel for Facebook in putative securities class action relating to advertising metrics. Achieved dismissal of the case at the pleading stage.
- Counsel for Facebook in putative class actions alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, and counsel for the Internet Association in FCC and appellate proceedings relating to the TCPA. Achieved dismissal of TCPA class action against Facebook at the pleading stage.
- Tara Broadcasting LLC v. Charter Communications, Inc. Counsel to Charter Communications in lawsuit relating to distribution of cable channels. Achieved dismissal of the case at the pleading stage.
- NAAAOM v. Charter Communications, Inc. Counsel to Charter Communications in district court and on appeal in section 1981 lawsuit relating to the distribution of cable channels.
- INEOS v. BASF Counsel for BASF in a lawsuit seeking to enjoin the sale of a BASF business. Achieved denial of preliminary injunction, resulting in dismissal of the case.
Government Enforcement Actions:
- United States ex rel. Uchytil v. Avanade, Inc. Counsel for Accenture LLP in False Claims Act case relating to the provision of software and related services to the Department of Defense and various military commands.
- United States ex rel. Pospisil v. Syngenta AG. Counsel for Syngenta AG in False Claims Act relating to crop insurance payments. Achieved dismissal of action at the pleadings stage.
- FTC v. AbbVie. Counsel for Teva Pharmaceuticals defending a federal antitrust challenge to settlements of Hatch-Waxman patent litigation. Achieved dismissal of action at the pleadings stage.
Additional Supreme Court and Appellate Experience:
- Wagner v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. Counsel for Teva Pharmaceuticals and Barr Laboratories in appeal from product liability case. Achieved affirmance of dismissal of all claims with prejudice.
- In re OTG Management EWR, LLC. Counsel for OTG Management in appeal from agency action concerning licenses for the sale of alcoholic beverages in Newark Liberty International Airport. Achieved dismissal of appeals.
- Florida v. Georgia Counsel for Georgia in original action regarding water rights.
Admissions & Qualifications:
- 2012, Virginia
- 2015, District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2012
- Brigham Young University, B.A., 2009
Rate : $$$$