Devin Cohen joined Ropes & Gray’s corporate department in 2015 as an associate in its health care group, and has a wide range of experience in transactional and regulatory matters affecting clients across the health care industry, including academic medical centers, for-profit and non-profit hospitals and health care systems, ambulatory surgery centers, post-acute providers, physician groups, and ACOs.
His transactional practice focuses on strategic affiliations, mergers and acquisitions, and complex provider alignment models. Devin provides regulatory counsel to clients seeking guidance on data privacy and security, tax-exempt models, and compliance with federal and state fraud and abuse laws.
Prior to joining the firm, Devin was an associate in the health industry advisory practice group at a prominent Boston law firm. Devin is actively involved in community service, and has fundraised for over 29 children’s hospitals nationwide and advised hospital leadership regarding on-going collaborative relationships with Fortune 500 companies and surrounding communities. He also maintains a pro bono practice focused on non-profit incorporation and oversight, and was named a 2013 AHLA pro bono champion.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2012; Program of Study Fellow & Student Fellow, Petrie-Flom Health Law Center
- BA (History, Religious Studies), magna cum laude, Brown University, 2009
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 2012
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Successfully negotiated and advised clients on wide range of physician group practice acquisitions.
- Assisted with negotiating and drafting complex clinical affiliation agreements between a client health system and nationally-renowned cancer hospital, and another client health system and regional urgent care center network.
- Drafted transactional documents, managed diligence teams, and oversaw closings for client mergers and acquisitions of hospitals, health systems, ambulatory surgery centers, and DMEPOS suppliers.
- Advises private equity firms on investment considerations for health care targets, including pharmacies, DME manufacturers, and Clinical Research Organizations.
- Advised prominent health care system on federal and state grant procurement considerations in connection with acquisition of a research-focused medical school.
- Advised D-SNP plan sponsor compliance department on CMS program rules and Medicare Marketing Guideline requirements.
- Advised medical device manufacturers on structural considerations for conforming customer contractual arrangements with Federal Anti-Kickback Statute requirements.
- Advises pharmaceutical and medical device companies on sponsored and collaborative clinical trial agreement structures and contracting issues.
Rate : $$$