Diana Z. Bowman focuses her practice on construction law. She represents owners and design professionals in both litigation and transactional matters, including contract drafting and negotiation, contract administration, alternative dispute resolution, and litigation.
Diana’s experience includes the following:
- Successfully mediating, arbitrating, and litigating claims on behalf of both public and private owner-entities, as well as on behalf of design professionals, in disputes arising out of the construction of large-scale commercial, residential, and energy facilities.
- Advising owners of long-term projects regarding claim avoidance strategies and resolution of contractor claims and disputes to eliminate or mitigate disruption to the project.
- Drafting and negotiating construction contracts for projects located throughout the country.
- Representing transmission line companies in ICC proceedings and defending ICC decisions on appeal.
- Litigating mechanics lien claims and claims related to performance and payment bonds.
- Representing a major university as an in-house counsel secondee on all their construction-related matters.
- John Marshall Law School, LL.M., 2007
- IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2005
- DePaul University, B.A., 2002
Rate : $$$