Diane T. Carter, a member of the firm’s Executive and Partner Boards, has passionately served the healthcare industry for a quarter-century. Diane advises clients on strategic planning, corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructuring, transactional, regulatory and compliance matters. Diane’s extensive work on behalf of industry clients has included :
- Organizing and structuring joint ventures nationwide, including hospitals, physicians, ambulatory surgery centers and imaging centers.
- Interpreting and analyzing compliance with federal and state antifraud and abuse statutes and applicable regulations and the Stark statute and regulations.
- Advising clients regarding the formation, merger and acquisition of medical groups and facilities.
- Advising and assisting clients in obtaining licensure to operate in Texas as a health maintenance organization, third-party administrator and utilization review agent.
Diane is board certified in health law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Before joining Husch Blackwell, Diane was a Partner with Brown McCarroll.
- Organized and structured joint ventures including hospitals, physicians, ambulatory surgery centers and imaging centers in numerous states including Texas, Arizona, Alaska, Florida, New Mexico and New York.
- Interpreted and analyzed compliance with federal and state antifraud and abuse statutes and applicable regulations, and the Stark statute and regulations.
- Advised and assisted clients in obtaining licensure to operate in Texas as a health maintenance organization, third party administrator and utilization review agent.
- Advised and assisted clients in obtaining Texas State Medical Board certification as nonprofit healthcare organizations.
- Represented hospital districts and the formation of health maintenance organizations for participation in Medicaid Managed Care and the Children’s Health Insurance Program.
- Created management companies for managing medical practices and other healthcare providers.
Community Leadership :
- Leadership Texas, Class of 2003
- Leadership Austin, Class of 2013
- The Fifty: Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Member, 2012-present
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin
Admissions : Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Co-Chair, Programs Executive Leadership, 2018-2019
- Vice Chair, Leadership Meeting Planning, 2018-2019
- Conference Committee Co-Chair, Emerging Issues in Healthcare Law, 2016-2018
- Programs Executive Leadership, 2016-2017
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Health Lawyers Group
- Health Care Compliance Association
Rate : $$$