Diane J. Hvolka represents clients in commercial real estate and business transactions, including general office, creative office, industrial and retail leasing; real property secured financing; real estate purchase and sales; brokerage agreements; insurance matters; construction, engineering and consulting agreements; property management agreements; development agreements; reciprocal easement agreements; covenants, conditions, and restrictions (CC&Rs) and ground leases.
Diane has more than 15 years of experience handling complex real estate transactions. During the course of her career, she has had the privilege of serving clients such as J.P. Morgan, Maguire Properties Group, Thomas Properties Group, Inc., CommonWealth Partners, LLC, Vantage Property Investors LLC, and the Grand Avenue Joint Powers Authority. Diane is frequently called upon to speak to brokers and other real estate professionals on real estate issues.
Her experience includes negotiating and drafting hundreds of leases, amendments, and option agreements on behalf of office, industrial, and retail landlords and tenants, both large and small, including leases for social media companies and other creative office users, restaurants, and high-end retailers, law firms, financial institutions, entertainment companies, and fitness facilities.
Diane received her bachelor’s degree, cum laude, from University of California at Irvine and her law degree, magna cum laude, from Pepperdine University School of Law.
- Represented the landlord in connection with Amazon’s lease of over 85,000 square feet at The Water Garden in Santa Monica (J.P. Morgan ownership). In addition to The Water Garden, represented J.P. Morgan with respect to numerous assets throughout California.
- Represented the landlord in connection with the initial lease-up of the redeveloped 9-acre Playa Jefferson creative office campus in Playa Vista, including leases to Facebook and a lease of 60,000 square feet to global advertising/marketing leader Omnicom.
- Negotiated and documented numerous securitized mortgage transactions and mezzanine loan transactions, including a $240 million construction loan for the development of a high-rise building in Irvine, CA.
- Represented clients in the purchase and sale of hotel and office properties, including the sale of the Lantana Media Campus in Santa Monica (reported to be the largest office building sale in Los Angeles County in 2009) and the sale of the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego, CA.
- Drafted and negotiated brokerage agreements for individual tenant representation and for exclusive agency representation in building leasing programs, and advised brokerage firms regarding disclosure requirements.
- Represented numerous property owners in connection with all aspects of asset management, including contractor, vendor, and property management contracts and agreements.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2002
- University of California at Irvine, B.A., cum laude, 1999
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Central District of California
- Co-Founder, Leasing Ladies Group
- Co-Vice President of Membership, Commercial Real Estate Women-Los Angeles, 2008
- Co-Chair, Real Estate Finance Subsection of the Real Property Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2004-2006
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Real Property Section
- California Bar Association, Real Property Section
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$