Diane L. Kimberlin has represented both private companies and public entities in many facets of labor and employment law, including : Wage and hour class actions, Defense of wrongful discharge actions, Claims of sexual harassment, Employment discrimination and retaliation claims, Labor arbitrations.
In recent years Diane has devoted a significant part of her practice to the defense of retail and service sector employers faced with wage and hour class action claims. She has a record of success in defeating class certification and of securing favorable settlements when clients wish to dispose of claims with certainty.
Diane provides clients with practical advice to help them navigate the tangle of state and federal laws governing leaves of absence and the duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
She guides clients through the process of discipline and termination decisions, the investigation of workplace harassment and other misconduct claims, and helps them to arrive at sound decisions that meet business needs and show compliance with their legal duties as employers.
Before joining Littler in 1985, Diane was an associate at a Los Angeles firm representing labor unions with an emphasis on the retail grocery industry and motion picture production unions and guilds.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 1976
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Board of Directors, Center for Civic Mediation, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor Law and Litigation sections, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$