Pillsbury Energy and Litigation partner Dillon J. Ferguson focuses his practice on oil and gas law, with an emphasis on both transaction and litigation matters. Dillon’s clients are companies and individuals engaged in oil and gas activities, including exploration, production, processing, transportation, marketing and consumption.
He represents buyers and sellers in the purchase and sale of oil and gas assets, lessees and lessors in all phases of oil and gas leasing, lenders and borrowers in financing and workouts related to oil and gas activities, and parties engaged in domestic and cross-border disputes, including administrative proceedings, litigation and arbitration.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Counsel to Rimrock Energy LLC in a claim by 40 putative lessors alleging numerous causes of action and fraud in oil and gas leasing activity. Case settled on the eve of trial.
- Represented Constellation Energy Partners in an arbitration to interpret an oil and gas lease assignment. JAMS arbitration resulted in an award in favor of Constellation.
- Represented Brennand Lazy H Ranch Ltd. in a lawsuit for intentional pollution of lands connected to oil and gas operations. Case settled on the eve of trial.
- Assisted other lawyers in representing Archer Drilling Services LLC in connection with claims by JB Oil that Archer breached its contract to provide oil well services to JB Oil.
- Represented CCS Midstream Services LLC in its suit against Hamilton Metals Inc. and other entities regarding damage to a well. After extensive discovery and trial preparation, the case settled prior to trial.
- Represented FG Hemisphere Associates LLC in a dispute involving garnishment of oil and gas payments owed to the Republic of Congo by United States oil and gas companies. Case settled on terms favorable to client.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 1973
- B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1970
ADMISSIONS : Texas
Rate : $$$$