Dina Moussa is an associate in the firm’s Washington, D.C., office. Dina received her J.D., cum laude, from Georgetown University Law Center and her Bachelor of Arts in American politics and public policy from Wesleyan University.
While at Georgetown Law, Dina was a founding staff member of the Georgetown Technology Law Review and was a recipient of the Pro Bono Pledge Honoree award. She was also a global teaching fellow on terrorism, extradition, and human rights, and a teaching assistant for two courses, legal research and writing and a topics course on evidentiary procedure.
Dina served as a research assistant to Andrew Ferguson focusing on criminal law and criminal procedure, particularly the intersection of the Fourth Amendment, privacy, and recent technologies. Dina began her career as a program specialist in the U.S. Department of State’s Office of Foreign Missions, where she worked for four years.
Dina also worked as a law clerk at Cozen O’Connor during her last year of law school, focusing on white-collar criminal matters and parallel civil proceedings, as well as in internal investigations. She is fluent in Arabic and proficient in Spanish.
- Criminal Defense
- Represented an auto carrier in a U.S. criminal antitrust investigation. Our advocacy resulted in a reduced fine and the first-ever monitorship in a voluntary criminal antitrust plea.
- Represented an individual in the U.S. criminal investigation alleging violations of Clean Air Act.
- Represented futures traders and an introducing broker in investigations by the CME and U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement into Exchange data. Our advocacy resulted either in minimal penalties or no charges being filed against the client.
- Represented a life sciences company in a DOJ investigation alleging that its subsidiary provided kickbacks to physicians for using the client’s diagnostics services.
- Represented the CEO of a former U.S. government contractor in a federal investigation into one of the largest bribery schemes in federal contracting history. (Pro Bono)
- Internal Investigations and Compliance
- Conducted internal investigation for a Fortune 500 company into potential fraud and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations in the client’s overseas operations.
- Represented a professional services firm in responding to a federal grand jury subpoena.
- Represented a government contractor in responding to a civil investigative demand regarding a contract with Marine Corps.
- Represented a witness in connection with a federal investigation alleging company violations of False Claims Act and Clean Water Act. No charges were filed against the client.
- Privacy and GDPR
- Counseled an international company on U.S. privacy regulations and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data breach notification procedures. Evaluated the client’s privacy policies and identified vulnerabilities under U.S. privacy laws and GDPR.
- Advised international non-profit foreign language study placement organization in data breach matter involving U.S. privacy regulations and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data breach notification procedures.
- Advised a company on its U.S. privacy obligations and drafted a best practices and compliance guide. (Pro Bono)
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 2017
- Wesleyan University, B.A., 2012
BAR ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia
- Member, International Association for Privacy Professionals
Rate : $$$