Dinesh K. Melwani is a transactional attorney who advises US and international clients in all types of corporate matters. His practice encompasses M&A transactions, strategic investments, entity formation, and angel, seed, and venture ﬁnancings – topics on which he regularly guest lectures at institutions such as MIT Sloan School of Management, The Broad Institute, MassChallenge, and The Capital Network.
In project finance matters, he represents sponsors and investors in connection with the development of —and M&A transactions involving — electric generation facilities. Dinesh boasts significant international experience and abilities, including fluency in French and Sindhi and conversational abilities in Hindi.
Dinesh serves as a strategic advisor to US and international clients in an array of corporate transactions in the technology, health care, life sciences and energy sectors. He advises public, private, and emerging growth companies on entity formation, angel, seed, and venture capital ﬁnancings, and mergers and acquisitions, as well as other general corporate matters. He also regularly represents strategic investors in connection with venture capital investments.
He regularly guest lectures to entrepreneurs and start-ups on the topics of entity formation and angel, seed, and venture financings at institutions such as MIT Sloan School of Management, The Broad Institute, MassChallenge and The Capital Network.
In project ﬁnance matters, Dinesh represents equity investors and sponsors in matters involving the development of traditional and renewable electric generation facilities, as well as with merger and acquisition transactions involving such power production assets.
Earlier in his career, Dinesh was seconded to the legal department of Mitsui & Co., Ltd. and the Tokyo oﬃce of an international law ﬁrm. In that role, Dinesh managed legal affairs associated with Mitsui’s diverse lines of business in North, Central, and South America.
His significant experience in India and Japan has provided Dinesh with valuable insight into the nuances of Indian and Japanese business culture and negotiating styles.
- Represented eBay in connection with the sale of its India based e-commerce business to Flipkart, along with its simultaneous investment in Flipkart. Named a 2017 M&A Deal of the Year (India Business Law Journal).
- Represented Bionpharma Inc., a developer and distributor of prescription-based generic drugs, in an acquisition of substantially all assets of former Patheon Inc. subsidiary Banner Life Sciences LLC.
- Represented Ipca Laboratories (BSE: IPCALAB) subsidiaries, Ipca Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (US) and Onyx Scientific Limited (UK) in the acquisition of Pisgah Labs, Inc., a contract manufacturer and developer of APIs.
- Represented Merck Animal Health in connection with several strategic investments in technology-focused emerging companies in the animal health sector.
- Represented Cogentrix Energy in its acquisition of the 122 MW Midway natural gas-ﬁred plant in Firebaugh, Calif., from an aﬃliate of Starwood Energy Group Global LLC.
- Represented Atlantic Power Corp. in its acquisition of Ridgeline Energy Holdings, LLC, from Eolﬁ S.A., a European renewable power company majority owned by Veolia Environment SA. Ridgeline’s assets included 150 net MW in wind projects and a development pipeline of 1,000 MW of solar and wind projects.
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- McGill University (LLB, with honors)
- McGill University (BCL, with honors)
- Concordia University (BA, with honors)
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$