Dirk Giseburt is a tax law attorney representing a diverse clientele in industries such as health care, financial services, telecommunications, forestry, food distribution, and nonprofits. He litigates state and local tax assessments, refund claims and exemptions at the trial and appellate levels and in state and municipal administrative appeals, seeking to ensure lawful administration of state and local tax systems.
Dirk also advises clients concerning structuring transactions and ongoing business operations to control state and local excise taxes. Dirk also represents donors in conservation easement transactions.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Co-chair, SALT Task Force on Retroactive Tax Laws, Tax Section, American Bar Association, 2015-present (on leave during Dot Foods cert petition)
- Co-chair, SALT Task Force on ABA Model Transaction Tax Overpayment Act, Tax Section, American Bar Association, 2013-2015
- Chair, SALT Subcommittee on Miscellaneous Taxes and Industries, Tax Section, American Bar Association, 2007-2013
- Committee on State and Local Taxes, Tax Section, American Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2000-present; President, 2004-2006 – E.B. Dunn Historic Garden Trust
- Board of Directors and Secretary, Washington Mennonite Fellowship, 2015-present
- Editorial Committee, International Oak Society, 2016-present
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1983
- Editor, Harvard Law Review
- A.B., History, Princeton University, 1978, magna cum laude
Rate : $$$